By Denis Korn
If you should find yourself reading this article tucked away on this website it is because you were guided here to be encouraged. It is not meant to be an article about preparedness or outdoor adventure – it is here to be a brief rest from the apprehension of daily life and the anguish of the times. I felt a personal calling to share this prayer of encouragement as a gift to those needing some uplifting words during troubling events.
While I have spent many years helping people prepare for unforeseen or even probable emergencies and disasters, I am always aware of the toll taken on one’s emotions and frame of mind. It is not easy to stay positive or feel secure when everything around us appears to be dissolving and transforming, and people seem to be delusional. We all need encouragement to help us cope.
- Be encouraged: to find peace, serenity and contentment amid the uncertainty, anxiety and confusion of the times.
- Be encouraged: to trust God to replace fear with hope.
- Be encouraged: to avoid those who rob you of your passion and vitality.
- Be encouraged: to seek the company and counsel of those who encourage, understand and support you.
- Be encouraged: to seek the wisdom to be able to discern the truth from the lie.
- Be encouraged: to discover someone you can truly trust.
- Be encouraged: to let go of the notion that you can do “it” all yourself.
- Be encouraged: to cast off the chains that bind you to discontentment.
- Be encouraged: to love one another in thought and deed.
- Be encouraged: to be selfless not selfish.
- Be encouraged: to be honest with yourself – and others.
- Be encouraged: to set aside at least a few moments each day to quiet your mind and be thankful for the blessings that you have been given.
- Be encouraged: to deflect the constant barrage of negativity, fear and hate that is thrust upon you daily.
- Be encouraged: to experience aliveness as much as possible.
- Be encouraged: to discern the beneficial actions you are called upon to pursue during these troubled times.
- Be encouraged: to be courageous while you walk among the weak and disheartened.
- Be encouraged: to embody forgiveness.
- Be encouraged: to pray to God with thanksgiving – believe and have faith – let go – follow God’s guidance and instruction with patience and perseverance.
- Be encouraged: to encourage others!
Blessings to those who are encouraged by these words ~ Denis Korn